Bursary selection is undertaken by a committee made up of the Board of Directors and is based on artistic merit, financial need and commitment to art and are reviewed on a first come first served basis. APPY EARLY. Full bursaries cover tuition, accommodation and meals. Tuition bursaries cover just the workshop tuition and there are also partial bursaries which can be applied to either tuition or accommodation. Bursaries do not include required course supplies, material fees or travel expenses. Recipients are required to volunteer some of their time during MISSA and upon the completion of their workshop, write a brief report outlining their experience.
MISSA is proud of a strong bursary program awarding an average $8,000 per year in bursaries. A variety of bursaries are ear-marked for certain artists/mediums and are allocated at the discretion of the selection committee.
Bursaries include, but are not limited to:
- Established Artist Bursary
- Emerging Artist Bursary (ages 19-29, any medium)
- Educational Promotional Bursary
- Judy Scott Honorary Bursary
- Betty Burroughs Memorial Bursary (ceramics only)
- General Bursary (generous anonymous donor, any age or medium)
- Textile Bursary (generous anonymous donor, fibre/textile arts, any ability)